Slate is an excellent material for exterior stone, because of its low porosity it is impervious to freeze-thaw cycles, salt air and other environmental factors. It will offer low maintenance and long-lasting elegance to your home. Several forms of exterior wall slate are available.
- Panels – used for both interior and exterior, typically in larger sizes and mechanically fastened.
- Shingles – very similar to roofing shingles.
- Stacked – laid up masonry like bricks. Four stacked slate options:
- Natural Cleft – textural, cleft appearance
- Sculpings – highly textural with unique grain edge appearance
- Natural Edge – textural with natural edges
- Sawn Edge – mildly textural sawn face with visible saw marks